Summary: This position requires electronic component handling, assembly, soldering, and basic testing. The position also includes the mechanical assembly of amplifier’s. Please pay special attention to the qualifications listed below. Those applications not meeting the minimum qualifications will not be processed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities’ (include and other duties may be assigned)
• Employee can build complete amplifier from start to finish with little to no supervision
• Employee is able to complete 2-3 amplifiers daily (subject to change)
• Employee can inspect amplifiers for defects and perform basic troubleshooting tasks
• Able to pay close attention to detail by following amp drawings
• Able to uphold a high level of quality with minimal kick back
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to an above satisfactorily level. The requirements above are for self-motived, team oriented individuals with a passion to help out when needed and are willing to put in the time to get the job done correctly to the quality standard of PRS Guitars.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Trade School/or BS is a plus.
• 2-3 years’ experience in related fields and/ or training.
• Soldering experience is a preferred
• Ability to use various testing equipment is preferred but will train if needed.
• Guitar player or interest in music strongly desired but not completely vital.
Shift runs 7 AM-3:30 PM, Mon-Fri.
Salary starts at $11/hr. with up to a $1 increase after 3 months!
Complete benefits pkg. incl.: health, dental, 401K, paid vacation, holidays & much more!
Applications completed in person are preferred. Apply Mon-Fri, 8 AM-4 PM to:
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
*Applications will be kept on file for up to (3) months only.
Paul Reed Smith Guitars is one of the world’s premier guitar and amplifier manufacturers located in Stevensville, MD. Since our humble beginning in 1985, PRS Guitars always sought to create the highest quality instruments possible and to provide musicians with beautiful, reliable and highly musical instruments. The craftsmen and women at PRS are a unique bunch. We have a passion for building instruments and also for the music that these instruments help create. Most here are dedicated players, refining our craft as builders and musicians. There is a special kind of pride and individual ownership surrounding our instruments. Guitar and amplifier building are very personal things here, which are directly reflected in our quality.
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a fast paced and dynamic organization this is it! Located in Stevensville, Maryland we have the best of both worlds. Located less than a mile from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge it makes commuting a snap regardless of which side of the bridge you reside.