Big fans of PRS may know the incredible history and significance of our Custom 24 model. This iconic guitar was Paul's tool to launching his young company in 1985, and remains today as our best seller. The Custom 24 has been played internationally by touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players ever since.
For 2018, we're excited to release a new model based on the Custom 24 platform, one that offers a whole new range of tones. Meet the Custom 24-08.
So, what's different?
The Custom 24-08 is a marriage of the Custom 24 and PRS 408 models, the Custom 24-08 keeps all the same foundational specifications as the original Custom – maple top, mahogany back and neck, 24 frets, 25” scale length, the PRS patented Gen III tremolo, and dual 85/15 humbuckers – but adds a new level of versatility with its simple switching system. The Custom 24-08 features a 3-way blade switch and two mini-toggle coil split switches. This intuitive switching system, as featured on the PRS 408 model, allows for eight distinct pickup combinations. The 85/15 Multi-Tap pickups, paired with this control layout, provide a full array of humbucker tones and single-coil sounds unlike any other PRS, including a dual single coil option.
Using the guitar's 3-way blade switch and two mini toggles, let's break down the new tonal territory you can cover.
- Position 1 (mini-toggles down): Bridge Humbucker
- Position 2 (mini-toggles down): Bridge & Neck Humbucker
- Position 3 (mini-toggles down): Neck Humbucker
- Position 4 (mini-toggles up): Neck Singlecoil
- Position 5 (mini-toggles up): Bridge & Neck Singlecoil
- Position 6 (mini-toggles up): Bridge Singlecoil
- Position 7(one toggle up, one down): Bridge Singlecoil & Neck Humbucker
- Position 8 (one toggle up, one down): Bridge Humbucker & Neck Singlecoil
If that was confusing, just check out the product demo below to hear all of these sounds demonstrated:
To see the full specs, check out the Custom 24-08 Product Page.
Contact a dealer to order your own Custom 24-08 today.